Hangers Straps Brackets & Ties
Simpson Strong-Tie timber to timber hangers, masonry joist hangers, truss connectors, heavy & light restraint straps, angle brackets, Crocodile Wall starters & Universal Framing Anchors. Plus Simpson Strong-Tie bead and mesh products.
Simpson Strong-Tie is an industry leading manufacturer of connectors for timber and masonry construction. The Simpson Strong-Tie range covers new builds, extensions, conversions or refurbishment in housing, general construction & civil engineering.
Simpson’s Quality Policy
“We help people build safer structures economically. We do this by designing, engineering and manufacturing “No Equal” structural connectors and other related products that meet or exceed our customers’ needs and expectations.
- All specified fasteners must be installed according to the instructions for each connector. Incorrect fastener quantity, size, material or finish may cause the connection to fail.
- Nearly all hangers are installed using 3.75 x 30 square twist nails.
- Install all specified fasteners before loading the connection
- Pneumatic or power-actuated fasteners may deflect and injure the operator or others. Nail guns may be used to install connectors, provided the correct number and type of nails are properly installed in the holes provided.
- Guns with hole locators should be used. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions and use appropriate safety equipment.
- Masonry supported connectors must be embedded into the correct strength mortar per British Standard.
- Hangers into masonry walls must have the minimum specified height of masonry above the hanger, with the mortar fully cured, before the load is applied. Top fix masonry hangers will not carry the design load without the specified masonry above the top flange of the hanger.
- Protruding nails should always be trimmed to avoid injury
- Always use the correct personal protective equipment.