RoHS - Restriction of certain Hazardous Substances
What is RoHS?
RoHS bans the placing on the EU market of new electrical and electronic equipment which contains more than the maximum agreed levels of certain chemicals
The ban came into force on the 1st July 2006.
Chemicals covered by RoHS
- Hexavalent Chromium
- Polybrominated Biphenyl (PBB)
- Polybrominated Diphenyl Ether (PBDE) flame retardants
Products covered by RoHS
Electrical and Electronic Equipment covered by the RoHS Directive includes the following:
- Large household appliances
- Small household appliances
- IT and telecommunications equipment
- Consumer equipment
- Electrical and electronic tools (with the exception of large scale, stationary industrial tools)
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment
- Automatic dispensers
RoHS does not apply to:
- Medical devices
- Monitoring and control instruments
What is Fix8 Ltd doing?
As a company we are committed to conducting business in an environmentally friendly manner. We support the objectives of the RoHS Directive and work to ensure compliance.
As a distributor we do not manufacture or design the products we sell. We do however work closely with our suppliers to understand and manage the implications of RoHS for all affected products.
If you have any enquiries about RoHS please feel free to contact us on:
- call: 01707 375 172
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org